Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Framed Artwork

I was looking on StumbleUpon and came across Two Girls Being Crafty in one of their more recent posts about framed artwork. I got to say I absolutely LOVE this idea.

I spoke to Keith about it and he agreed that we can do this for our new apartment (we're moving Memorial Day weekend, and he should be home from the Navy mid-June) in the dining room to jazz it up a little.

Previously we've done black poster board and scrapbook paper. We bought scrapbook paper, green & blue for the room (since we had green walls) and red & animal print for the living room (I just like the color red & love animal print, plus I already had tiger/cat pictures hanging in there.)

I got the scrapbook paper at Michaels



Then we put them on the black poster board, and hung them up. We used foam boards, actually..which was a pain to cut. Next time we're going to use poster board so it's lighter, and easier to deal with.

This is the finished product in our bed room.


And here is the finished product in the living room.

It looks great, and professional but only costs about a dollar a picture because the scrapbook paper was on sale! Got to love the deals! <3

When we create the framed version with the 3D embellishments I'll post pictures. I'm super excited!

1 comment:

  1. I loved the way they came out, and were really cheap and easy make.

    ReplyDelete