Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Rice Box

I had Chinese food the other day, and had the left over box. While searching through craft sites I've seen a few examples of people redecorating them and turning them into a jewelry box of some sorts. I took the left over rice box and cleaned it out, and decided to paint it. I did a base coat of white then painted over it with oil paints.



I had to let it dry for a few days, the only problem is that oil paint doesn't stick very well so when I went to go back over it I got paint all over my hands and the box.

Here's the finished product:



I really don't like the way it came out because of the lack of paint sticking and not drying. I tried spraying over it all with a clear glaze paint but it didn't settle it. I ended up tossing the finished product because it was making more mess than helping me store anything. I found a Take-Out Box pattern online that I'm going to try using, but I haven't decided what material to use to make it yet.

Shall update with one of those soon. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment